The 2009 Illuminate Calgary Photo Contest
On Friday, November 27th & Saturday, November 28th, 2009, light art will illuminate Stephen Avenue in downtown Calgary from 5:00 – 11:00pm (Illuminate Calgary Info). Photographers are encouraged to take photos tag them with “#09GCFC” and add them to Flickr. Voting will begin on the following Tuesday, Dec.1st with many great prizes to be won.
Adding your photo(s) to Flickr with the tag “#09GCFC” constitutes entry into the contest OR email your photos to email@example.com and they will automatically be tagged with “#09GCFC” and will be included in the social media website http://www.greycupfestivalconnect.com for added photo exposure.
- Photo license settings on Flickr should be set to “Attribution Creative Commons.” Attribution definition: “You let others copy, distribute, display, and perform your copyrighted work – and derivative works based upon it – but only if they give you credit.
- You are allowed to upload a maximum of 30 photos per day to the group so be selective on which photos you add. We want to see your best photos, not all of them.
- There are 3 categories in the Illuminate Calgary Flickr Photo Contest and winners in each category will receive prizes.
Winners will be announced by Monday, December 7th on www.greycupfanconnect.com/photo-contests and will be voted on by the 2009 Grey Cup Festival Committee
1) Best In Show
The category of “Best in Show” in the Illuminate Calgary Flickr Photo Contest will be judged based on the best overall photo submitted
2) Most Original Photo
The winning photo in this category will be the photo that is inventive, creative or unique. Use your imagination.
3) Best Interactive Photo (People)
The Illuminate Calgary festival will feature some light interaction with its audience. The winning photograph in this category will feature light interacting with people or people interacting with light.
2009 Grey Cup Festival Photo Contest (Draw Dates: Nov 26 – 28)
We want to see all the great photos taken at the 2009 Grey Cup Festival events. All you have to do is submit your Grey Cup-related photos to firstname.lastname@example.org so they can be displayed in the GreyCupFestivalConnect.com Flickr photo gallery.
• Submit photos from the 2009 Grey Cup Festival events or send us your favourite Grey Cup photos already in your collection.
• Add a title to your photo in the subject line of your email and add a short description of the photo in the body of the message.
LaVerne Jutila – http://www.greycupfestivalconnect.com/photos/id/4113829132/
Barry Woolhether – http://greycupfestivalconnect.com/photos/id/4139875322/
Daily winners will be randomly chosen. Photos can be submitted immediately. Winners will be notified via the email address used to submit the photo.